Light Fittings, Fixtures & Luminaires
Light fittings, also called luminaires or fixtures are the physical structures that will hold the bulb and help create the light by allowing the electricity to pass into the lamp. Whether outfitting a warehouse, an industrial space, office cubicles, or a home, there will be a need for different types of fittings and lamps to provide a solution to all of your lighting needs. Our range includes fittings for everything from halogen and LED lighting to HID, fluorescents, and incandescent bulbs from brands such as Crompton, Thorlux, Philips, Waldmann and RS PRO.
What types of light fittings are available?
Since there is such a wide range of lighting types with different names, technologies and styles, it is important to take the time to choose the right fittings and luminaires so that you achieve the proper lighting levels. Light fittings have many different names and many different styles, each has their own unique use and characteristics. The following are some of the most popular and common types available:
- Machine inspection lights - used in workshops and garages, they make it easier to inspect work and identify issues. Halogen, compact fluorescent, LED, and portable options are available.
- Downlights – typically round or square and recess into the ceilings.
- Low and High Bay – rectangular or square boxes capable of holding high-intensity lamps, generally used for industrial purposes and mount at low or high heights.
- Batten lights - common type of light fixture found in homes, offices and factories. Types include recessed lights, pendant lights, flush fitting lights and more. Ceiling lights can be used with different types of bulbs including incandescent, energy efficient bulbs, halogen lights, fluorescent lights.
- Floodlights - powerful lights that are capable of emitting light over large areas such a sports field or car park.
- Emergency lighting -provides a secondary light source in the event of an emergency or power outage and indicates where emergency exits are situated so personnel can leave their area safely.
- Hazardous area lights - designed to withstand specific harsh conditions, like very hot temperatures, corrosive materials, in dangerous areas classified as hazardous.
- Smart lights - use wireless transmissions and can be controlled via a smartphone.
Others are types of fittings are available, browse our full range for more details.
Shop 231 products
Shop 122 products
Shop 237 products
Shop 10 products
Emergency Light Switches & Conversion Kits
Shop 26 products
Shop 57 products
Shop 6 products
Shop 246 products
Fly Killer Lights
Shop 13 products
Hazardous Area Lights
Shop 58 products
LED Grow Lights
Shop 11 products
LED Panel Lights
Shop 66 products
Low Bay & High Bay Lighting
Shop 20 products
Shop 176 products
Shop 36 products
Spotlights & Downlights
Shop 72 products
Shop 101 products